Friday, September 20, 2013

To and away

This month the walking hasn't been good for the walks, for the weather, the legs and feet being sore or tired, or whatever, but I kept walking to try and make a 20 day 8-mile per day month like August. I'm on track for that goal.

The point here is that even though the walks haven't felt physically good, except while I noticed I'm losing the weight (aka fat) where I want (aka abdomen) since much of the fat on the rest of the body is almost gone, the walks have been mentally good.

And that's because I feel I'm walking away from my thougtht of being old and death to thoughts of living. I suffer with genetic, life-long Dysthymia where there is no cure and the treatments vary from a lifetime of drugs or finding activities to keep it at bay.

With the walks this month, I haven't had that many thoughts about death and have had far more about what I want to do with the rest of my life. I have a lot to do, far more than I have time, and I haven't fully embraced the motivation to do much yet as the Sciatic nerve still reminds me who's in control of my body.

But it's slowly getting better, both the body and the mind, as long as I keep walking and hope to resuming other activities, meaning running again, hiking in Mt. Rainier NP with a 30-40 lb camera pack, and hauling my camera gear to locations, within the next year.

For now I'm walking away from past ghosts and to something I know not what yet, but I'll keep walking there. It beats what I'm leaving in the distance behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment