Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Some Days

Some days I sit on the kitchen counter (yes, the counter) in the predawn darkness outside and realize I don't really want to walk today. The body is sore and tired. The Sciatic nerve is acting up. And the weather is another day of either cold or rain.

I can think of a number of reasons not to walk, to sit home and rest, and I can't think of one reason to walk. Or so the morning starts, even after breakfast and coffee to wake up. But I tell myself, "Ok, just get ready like you would walk and judge from there."

And yes, after a warm shower, I sit down and tape the feet (Spider Tech tape, KT Tape and sports tape) and I put on my knee socks (body adhesive works great to keep them up - it washes off with water). And then the body says, "What the hell, give it a try."

And I walk out the front door and walk, and it doesn't matter if it's the best walk I've had in a while or the worst where I'm still sore and tired by the end, it only matters I walked. I walked 8 miles, saw new or different things, talked to a few people, and sat down at home to feel tired and good.

Some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment