Monday, May 21, 2012

Doing Nothing

Well, not really doing nothing as you can't actually do nothing. You are doing something even if you're just being a couch potato, but then that muddies the distinction between being and doing, and while some like to distinguish between the two, it's just a semantic argument as being defines what you do and doing reflects who you are.

Ok, enuf philosophy. My point? Well, as you may know, or not know or care, I have both a Website with a Mt. Rainier NP photography guide and a small, personal photography business, which itself is just a legal entity than a business. I got it to sell photo cards, prints, and work with clients when that ever happens. Kinda' covering my legal butt.

Anyway, the point here is that when spring comes and the weather is forecast for a nice, sunny week with temperatures in the 60's, I just to just putter at small things, the list of things to do which has accumulated over the winter with promises to do when the times comes around or the motivation moves me.

And that's what this week is planned. There are no trips, no appointments, no visitors or clients, just me and the home not doing much beyond what I see is interesting to do, like work on the plants on the deck, take naps, read and whatever else comes into view. Nothing like doing nothing on nice days.

No comments:

Post a Comment